Recreation and Parks
Attention! Click to see changes in 2016 Basketball!!!
Minden is home to one of the best public recreation complexes in Louisiana. The $8 million Minden Recreation Complex features a 40,000 square foot gymnasium with basketball courts and seating for 1000, a weight room, meeting rooms, walking track, locker rooms with showers, and a heated exercise/aerobic lap pool. Outdoors is a large swimming pool, children's water playground, four basketball courts (one covered), two enclosed racquetball courts, four tennis courts, 4 adult softball fields, 12 baseball/softball fields, and 2 tee ball fields, one soccer field, one football field, a 1 mile outdoor walking track, playground, 7 concession/restroom/announcer buildings.
The recreation complex is located off of Industrial Drive (I-20 Service Road) and encompasses more than 150 acres.
Membership is free and open to everyone; however, a photo identification card must be obtained and presented to use the complex.
In addition to the Minden Recreation Complex, the City maintains Minden Fairgrounds. The complex on Goodwill Street features an open area that includes a pig barn, livestock barn, show barn and RV hookups. Griffith Stadium has a baseball field, which is used by high school, American Legion and semi-pro teams.
Neighborhood Parks are also accessible and provide a variety of features:
- Victory Park: Includes a public water playground, tennis courts, playground equipment, picnic tables and restroom facilities. Located on Park Highway.
- Academy Park: Includes tennis court, gazebo and picnic tables. Located at the intersection of Lewisville Road and East & West.
- High Street Park: Includes playground equipment, basketball court, picnic area. Located on High Street.
- Ewell Park: Includes ball fields, a public water playground, playground equipment, playground, picnic area, restroom facilities and a recreation center for basketball, ping-pong and a pool table. Located at 801 Harris Street.
- Babb Park: Includes a public water playground, playground equipment ball fields, picnic area, basketball and restroom facilities. Located on Horton Street.
- Walnut Street Park: Includes playground equipment and basketball only. Located on Walnut Street.
- Roosevelt Street Park: Includes playground equipment only. Located on Roosevelt Street.
- Hinton Park: Nature Park which includes playground equipment. Located on Hinton Street.
- Constable Street Park: Includes basketball courts and playground equipment only. Located on Constable Street.
Contact Minden Recreation Complex
Winky Newer, Director of Parks and Recreation
For Rain out Information Call 371-4253
Kelly Shipp, Director of Parks and Beautification
Links - (LAST UPDATED) 10/16/15