- The applicant shall submit a completed Temporary Street Closure Application form to the Mayor’s office at least 10 days prior to the date of the proposed street closure. Applications submitted less than 10 days cannot be guaranteed a response for approval.
- The applicant and/or 2nd contact person must be available at all time during the hours of the event.
- The applicant is responsible to contact all affected neighbors that are located within area and/or would have restricted access to their driveways.
- Fire hydrants shall not be obstructed.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the street.
- Events with outdoor music shall cease music before 11:00 p.m. on Friday & Saturday and 10:00 p.m. on all other days.
- Barricade equipment can be provided by the City, if available. Barricades will be delivered by the Public Works Department the last working day before the event and will be picked up the first working day after the event. As an alternative, the applicant may rent barricade equipment from a vendor. In either case, setup and takedown of the equipment shall be the responsibility of the applicant. The applicant will be responsible for the equipment while in their possession. The street should be re-opened immediately following the conclusion of the event and the barricades placed to the side of the street for pickup.
- In case of inclement weather or cancellation of the event, at your earliest convenience, please contact the Mayor’s office at 377-2144, ext. 433 during working hours or the Minden Police Department at 318-377-1212 after working hours and on the weekend.
- An approved “Temporary Street Closure Application” will be given to the applicant to have with him/her on the day of the event.
- Upon application approval, a copy of the application will be forwarded to the Minden Public Works Department, Minden Police Department, Minden Fire Department, Advanced Emergency Medical Service Ambulance, Pafford EMS Ambulance and Emergency 911 dispatcher.
- Placement of obstructions, such as tents, shall only be allowed provided that the traveled street is not fully obstructed to permit for emergency vehicle access. No stakes or penetrations may be made through the asphalt.
- The applicant shall conduct all activities in such a manner that the health and safety of the public are not negatively impacted.
- Promptly following the conclusion of the event, the applicant shall clean the right-of-way equivalent to its condition prior to the temporary closure.
- The City may require event insurance indemnifying the City for street closure requests that are open to the general public or when the closure request is anticipated to have a large number of attendees.
- The City of Minden will not be responsible for any costs for establishing, running or maintaining the closure.
- The City of Minden maintains the right to cancel approval of the road closure at any time.
STREET CLOSURES POLICY & PROCEDURE DOWNLOADABLE COPY
TEMPORARY STREET CLOSURES APPLICATION FORM